Pesto Chicken Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This restaurant-worthy main dish fits perfectly as an easy weeknight dinner and also as a quick company meal. With its creamy pesto sauce made with readily available ingredients to coat the pasta and cooked chicken, we can serve it up proudly!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt, divded
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) container pesto sauce
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 7 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot, cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain, rinse, drain again, and set aside in the colander.
- In the same pot, heat the oil over high heat; add the chicken then sprinkle it with 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the pesto, cream, and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and return the pasta to the pot, stirring until thoroughly combined. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until pasta is warmed through. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!