Quick Chicken Marsala
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't need hours to put together a dinner dish that looks and tastes fancy. With this recipe for Quick Chicken Marsala you can dress up your dinner plate and impress your taste buds too!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 to 2 pounds total), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat butter and oil. Cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned, turning halfway through cooking. Remove cooked chicken to a platter and keep warm. (Cook chicken in batches, if necessary.)
- Add mushrooms to skillet and saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Return chicken to skillet, add wine, and reduce heat to low. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens and chicken is heated through.
- You're probably wondering why you need to saute in both olive oil and butter. Well, butter won't burn if it's mixed with oil, so that's how we can still enjoy its great flavor.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
- And for more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The glaze in this flavor-packed pork dish is made with an ingredient you may have never tried before. This ingredient adds a slightly salty, Asian flair to dishes and is great for cooking with, as well as dipping into. You'll have to try our recipe for Skillet Glazed Pork to see for yourself!