Sizzling Chicken Fajitas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When we go to a Mexican restaurant, we like to order fajitas. But there's often a problem with that: there's not enough room on the table for all the toppings! When we make fajitas at home, it's a lot easier to spread out and really enjoy them.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 large green bell peppers (1 red and 1 green), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
What to Do
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell peppers and saute 10 to 12 minutes, or until onions are lightly browned; place in a bowl and set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet and add chicken, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Saute 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
Return vegetables to skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour lime juice over chicken and vegetables; mix well. Divide chicken mixture equally among tortillas and serve.
Serve these with additional fajita fixin's like shredded lettuce and cheese, chopped tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 319
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 2.1g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 21g 42 %
- Cholesterol 48mg 16 %
- Sodium 601mg 25 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.9g 12 %
- Sugars 5.6g 0 %