Souped up Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mr. Food has traveled quite a bit and found that practically everyone has their own special chicken and rice dish. The secret to this one? It's "soup-er"!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10 ¾-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup long- or whole-grain rice
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well then spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until rice is tender and no pink remains in chicken.
- For a little color and a whole lot of flavor, sometimes I sprinkle some shredded sharp Cheddar cheese over the top before serving.
- Check out How to Make a Great Chicken Casserole, Plus Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes for casserole tips & inspiration!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!