We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Get that great Mexican taste without leaving the house! Our Southwest Chicken is quick to make and is sure to curb your spicy, zesty cravings!
What You'll Need
- 4 chicken breasts (8 to 12 oz. each), boneless and skinless
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup canned chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
What to Do
- Cut chicken breasts in half and place them in a large baking dish. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
- Combine the chicken broth and hot pepper sauce in a bowl, then pour mixture over chicken.
- Bake in a pre-heated 375-degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once; remove pan from oven.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and brush over chicken. Bake for 10 minutes more.
Serve with flour tortillas, chopped tomatoes and onions - and maybe even sour cream and avocados - for a make-your-own buffet.