Spicy Cornbread Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This cornbread chicken recipe comes with an extra kick, so it's sure to be a hit at your next cookout. Try our Spicy Cornbread Chicken to get that classic Southern chicken taste you love, without all the work. This easy cornbread chicken recipe is one of a kind and is one you're sure to make again and again.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Nonstick cooking spray
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the drumsticks; mix well. Dip the drumsticks into the buttermilk and then into the cornmeal mix, completely coating the drumsticks.
- Place in a single layer in a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until browned and the juices run clear.
- If you love easy chicken drumstick recipes like this one, you won't want to miss our full collection of 20+ Simple Chicken Drumstick Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're taking you back to your cafeteria eatin' days with our recipe for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake. This easy casserole has so much old-fashioned taste, you're gonna be using the biscuits to soak up every last meaty and flavorful bite. Yum!