Honey Lemon Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a way to keep the kitchen clean while making a fantastic dinner? Our Honey Lemon Chicken is the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, and mess free! Whip this recipe up anytime, and taste the southern hospitality as friends and family devour this delicious sticky chicken! It'll be come a fast fave you'll want to serve up at least once a week!
What You'll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, place 1 stick melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the honey, and lemon juice; mix well and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper; mix well. Dip chicken in flour mixture, coating completely. Place coated chicken into baking dish with butter, coating completely on both sides. Place skin side down in baking dish.
- Bake 35 minutes then remove from oven and turn chicken over. Spoon honey mixture over chicken, then bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Spoon pan drippings over the chicken and serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip
- Feel free to make this with all drumsticks, or wings or…you get the idea. And once you taste this, you’ll truly appreciate that this can be served for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or dress it up with some sliced lemons and it’s perfect for when you invite your extended family over. Everyone likes this; as for everyone liking your extended family, that is always iffy.
- Pair our Honey Lemon Chicken with Grandma's Country Mashed Potatoes and our Southern Green Bean Casserole for a complete Southern experience!
- We love cooking with honey! Try out our Orange Honey Dressing, our Asian Honey Garlic Chicken, or our famous Bee Sting Cake.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We know that some of you like to eat a little lighter during the holidays, so we decided to come up with a new dish that's perfect for Christmas dinner. Our Holiday Stuffed Fish Fillets start with some U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets that are perfectly seasoned, and then stuffed with traditional festive flavors. When you top it with the melted butter and bake it off, you'll have a fresh-tasting Christmas dinner that might just become a new yearly tradition.