Sun Dried Tomato Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The ingredients used to make Sun Dried Tomato Chicken all blend together for a luscious combination that will keep everyone coming back for seconds, thirds, and maybe even more...
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into strips (see Note)
- 1 large shallot, minced (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 1 (3-ounce) package sun-dried tomatoes, hydrated and chopped
What to Do
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and sauté 8 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet, and set aside.
- Add shallot to skillet, and sauté 1 minute. Add mustard and remaining4 ingredients to skillet. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens slightly, stir ring occasionally.
- Return chicken to skillet, and simmer until thoroughly heated. Serve with rice or pasta.
You can use chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts in this dish that's richly flavored with sun-dried tomatoes, white wine, and tarragon. And if shallots aren't available, substitute 2 tablespoons of minced onion plus 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.