Weeknight Pesto Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take the stress out of dinnertime by preparing our easy Weeknight Pesto Chicken! This simple chicken dinner recipe is made with some pretty basic ingredients, but packs in a whole lot of flavor. The best part is that it looks like something that took hours to make (We won't tell if you don't!).
What You'll Need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 4 slices tomato
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute chicken 8 to 10 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Place a slice of cheese over each chicken breast, spoon 2 tablespoons pesto over cheese, and top each with a tomato slice. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over top.
- Cover skillet and heat 2 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and cheese is melted.
If you've got an extra 5 minutes or so and would like to make your own pesto sauce, check out our recipe for Fresh Pesto Sauce!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These Grande Chicken Fajitas are a Southwest-favorite! The key to making these really flavorful is to start off with well-seasoned chicken, which is why we coat ours with lots of spices. Add in plenty of tender-cooked peppers and onions and you've got yourself the bare bones of a Tex-Mex restaurant classic. Now, go on and dig in!