Chicken & Veggie Shepherd's Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Now, before you get all wound up, we know that traditional shepherd's pie is made with lamb; however, we thought it would be an affordable and tasty option to make this with chciken. As for the mashed potato topping, no worries, we didn't skimp on it. After all, it's what makes this so darn comforting. Now bring out your air fryer and get started!
What You'll Need
- 2 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Coat air fryer basket with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, place in basket, and air-fry 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and continue to cook 5 to 6 more minutes or until no pink remains in center. Remove to a cutting board, let cool slightly, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, combine gravy, vegetables, onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through. When chicken is ready, stir that in and spoon mixture evenly into 4 (1-cup) oven-proof crocks or ramekins.
- Top each crock with 1/2 cup mashed potatoes and drizzle melted butter on top.
- Increase temperature of air fryer to 400 degrees F. Working with two at a time, place crocks in basket and cook 6 to 7 minutes or until heated through and tops are golden. Repeat with remaining two crocks.
Check This Out!
- Looking for a shepherd's pie another way? Try our Statisfying Shepherd's Pie (it's made in a slow cooker), or our Skillet Shepherd's Pie!
- For more recipes made in ramekins, check out our Oscar-Worthy Chicken Pot Pie, or our Mini Italian Breakfast Casseroles.
- Just cooking for you? Check out our collection of Easy Meals for One!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking to shake up the menu at your game day bash? If so, then you need to make these Honey BBQ Chicken Bites. They've got a crispy seasoned coating that makes them really addictive. And when they're drizzled with our homemade honey BBQ sauce, you can bet they're going to make 'em disappear!