Tuscan Chicken One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, cut in half then thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 (7.75-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed from stems
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Dip chicken into flour mixture, coating evenly.
- In a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add remaining ingredients to chicken (including the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper), except for the heavy cream; mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 40 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove chicken to a serving bowl. Stir heavy cream into the sauce and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until warm, but not boiling. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 571
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 26g 40 %
- Saturated Fat 6.1g 30 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 34g 69 %
- Cholesterol 93mg 31 %
- Sodium 1,463mg 61 %
- Total Carbohydrates 45g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.6g 30 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Freshly squeezed orange juice helps turn these Double-Orange Glazed Cookies into a tasty, sunny treat that they won't be able to stop snackin' on. Bake these "doubly-orangey-good" cookies when you're looking for a sunshine-y way to brighten up your gang!