Weeknight Chicken Milanese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you’re only making French fries in your air fryer, you’re missing out. Make our Weeknight Chicken Milanese! This easy air fryer recipe is going to change the way you make dinner for you and that special someone (because it's great for making individual portions). When it comes to easy chicken recipes, our Weeknight Chicken Milanese is an air fryer friendly way to serve up a delicious dinner in no time at all.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
- Cooking Spray
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Assorted salad toppings (like cherry tomatoes or sliced cucumber)
- Italian vinaigrette for drizzling
What to Do
- Place chicken breast on a cutting board and with a sharp knife, carefully cut chicken breast in half horizontally, so that you end up with 2 cutlets. Place each cutlet between 2 sheets of wax paper and, using the smooth side of a meat mallet, pound until each cutlet is about 1/4-inch thick.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. In another shallow dish, whisk together egg and water. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow dish.
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F. Sprinkle both sides of cutlets with remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Coat cutlets with seasoned flour, then dip into egg, followed by bread crumbs. (Make sure you firmly pat on the bread crumbs, so that the crumbs really stick.)
- Coat air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place 1 cutlet in basket and spray lightly with cooking spray. Air fry 5 minutes, turn over, spray lightly with cooking spray, and continue to cook 3 to 4 more minutes or until no pink remains in center and breading is crispy. Remove from basket and repeat with remaining cutlet.
- When ready to serve, place chicken on plates and top evenly with mixed greens and salad fixin’s. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- If you still don’t have an air fryer, no worries. Simply roast this in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until no pink remains and the coating is crispy.
- It seems like chicken breasts are getting bigger and bigger every day! That’s good news for this recipe, since you want ‘em big enough to be able to cut in half and pound thin.
- For more amazing chicken recipes try our Buttermilk Fried Chicken, our Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich, or our Cheesy Stuffed Herb Chicken!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a no-bake homemade dessert that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer weather months? Then have to try our Blueberry-Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches! Not only will this fresh-tasting dessert keep your kitchen cool, but it's got some supermarket-shortcuts to make it less hassle too!