Backwoods Black Bean Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When the Test Kitchen made this, everyone instantly fell in love. That's 'cause this chicken chili recipe is packed with flavor from onions to green chilies just to name a few. We call this our Backwoods Black Bean Chili 'cause it's the perfect down-home potluck dish!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 (16-ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add to pot with onion and garlic, and saute 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 50 to 60 minutes, or until chili thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 251
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 4 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 26g 53 %
- Cholesterol 54mg 18 %
- Sodium 1,241mg 52 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.4g 30 %
- Sugars 3.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.