We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Rich and tasty Beefy Chili is one hearty meal. Top with cheese and serve with a big hunk of cornbread for a dish sure to satisfy.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 pounds lean boneless beef chuck roast, well-trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper sauce (like Tabasco®)
- 3 cups water
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
What to Do
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; add beef and cook 5 minutes. Drain off liquid. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until beef is browned on all sides and onion is tender.
Add chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper sauce; stir and cook 1 minute. Add water and chilies and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid and simmer 45 more minutes, or until beef is fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
Serve over rice and garnish with chopped onions, shredded cheese, and sour cream, if desired.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Not your usual kebabs, these Hot Dog Kebabs are fun and colorful, and they taste great, too! You'll love the flavor-packed sauce over bite-sized pieces of hot dogs, bell peppers, corn, and onions for a sure-fire hit with the kids and everybody!