Black Bean Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The taste of long cooking doesn't have to take long. This easy Black Bean Chili recipe proves that by using pantry shortcuts. Take your family on a mealtime trip south of the border with a hearty bowl of chili they'll thank you for.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds boneless beef bottom round roast, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 (16-ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef chunks and stir until brown on all sides.
- Add tomatoes, steak sauce, water, lemon juice, chili powder, and crushed red pepper; mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 to 50 minutes, or until beef is tender. Stir in beans until heated through then serve.
We suggest topping each serving of chili with a dollop of sour cream, some shredded cheese, and a few sliced scallions.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a delicious and guilt-free way to enjoy apple coffee cake! This recipe comes from our new diabetic-friendly cookbook, Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites. Don't worry, we're not sacrificing any of the taste. In fact, just one bite, and you're going to be hooked! Don't be surprised when family and neighbors are lining up outside your kitchen for a taste of our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake!