We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing beats Cafeteria-Style Chili for a warm, comforting meal. Fill your lunch thermos with this easy chili recipe or serve it for a hearty dinner and it'll bowl them over!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, brown ground beef and onion over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 50 to 60 minutes, or until chili is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- If you prefer a spicier chili, feel free to add a little hot pepper sauce or ground red pepper!
- We like to serve this chili in bowls topped with all the classic chili fixin's, like shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped onion, and sliced jalapeno peppers.
- If you like this recipe, check out what else we've got in store for you in our collection of Easy Chili Recipes with Ground Beef!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 415
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 5.6g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.9g 0 %
- Protein 29g 58 %
- Cholesterol 62mg 21 %
- Sodium 1,576mg 66 %
- Total Carbohydrates 42g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 15g 59 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %