Chili Con Cocoa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chili Con Cocoa adds a unique twist to chili: chocolate chips! Chili recipes don't get any better than this.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and broken up
- 1 (12-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates or chocolate chips
- 2 (14-ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, drained
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, and saute for 3 minutes, or until tender. Add beef and cook until browned, stirring to break up the beef as it cooks; drain.
- Add cocoa, chili powder, ground red pepper, salt, allspice, cinnamon, tomatoes and their liquid, the tomato paste, and water; mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low then stir in chocolate and beans; simmer 30 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve (see Notes).
If you prefer, you can substitute ground turkey for the ground beef. And for a serving twist, you can spoon the chili into hollowed-out hard rolls to form individual serving bowls.