The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Chili Con Cocoa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Chili Con Cocoa adds a unique twist to chili: chocolate chips! Chili recipes don't get any better than this.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and broken up
- 1 (12-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates or chocolate chips
- 2 (14-ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, drained
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, and saute for 3 minutes, or until tender. Add beef and cook until browned, stirring to break up the beef as it cooks; drain.
- Add cocoa, chili powder, ground red pepper, salt, allspice, cinnamon, tomatoes and their liquid, the tomato paste, and water; mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low then stir in chocolate and beans; simmer 30 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve (see Notes).
If you prefer, you can substitute ground turkey for the ground beef. And for a serving twist, you can spoon the chili into hollowed-out hard rolls to form individual serving bowls.
ND Terri 4427050
Sep 12, 2014
I liked that this recipe was easy to cut in half as the whole recipe is way too much for 1 or 2 people. This recipe is very similar to your recipe for Cincinnati Chili, but this one had no sugar in it and tasted almost bitter. I added a good portion of sugar and more red pepper, but it still isn't good. I won't be making this one again.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This is the richest, creamiest, and most amazing flan you'll ever taste! No, really. Our flan is the kind that dreams are made of, which is why we call it our Dreamy Flan. This custardy dessert is a Latin favorite and a real must-try!