Chili Con Cocoa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chili Con Cocoa adds a unique twist to chili: chocolate chips! Chili recipes don't get any better than this.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and broken up
- 1 (12-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S MINI KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates or chocolate chips
- 2 (14-ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, drained
What to Do
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, and saute for 3 minutes, or until tender. Add beef and cook until browned, stirring to break up the beef as it cooks; drain.
- Add cocoa, chili powder, ground red pepper, salt, allspice, cinnamon, tomatoes and their liquid, the tomato paste, and water; mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low then stir in chocolate and beans; simmer 30 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve (see Notes).
If you prefer, you can substitute ground turkey for the ground beef. And for a serving twist, you can spoon the chili into hollowed-out hard rolls to form individual serving bowls.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got a delicious and guilt-free way to enjoy apple coffee cake! This recipe comes from our new diabetic-friendly cookbook, Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites. Don't worry, we're not sacrificing any of the taste. In fact, just one bite, and you're going to be hooked! Don't be surprised when family and neighbors are lining up outside your kitchen for a taste of our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake!