Chili 'n' 'Chokes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In addition to the traditional way of enjoying the artichoke, it can also be a fun-to-eat, edible bowl! Mr. Food shares some tasty filling ideas for this petal-pleaser that even the kids will enjoy, without realizing it's a good-for-them vegetable!
What You'll Need
- 2 (19-ounce) cans of your favorite low-fat vegetarian chili with beans
- 4 large artichokes, cooked (see directions below)
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheese
What to Do
- Over medium-high heat, warm chili beans in a medium saucepan.
- Divide chili evenly among the steamed artichoke "bowls," and top each with 1/4 cup cheese. If desired, heat in microwave for 15 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with the steamed artichoke leaves for dipping into the chili.
ARTICHOKE DIRECTIONS: Prepare artichokes then steam and cool. Remove center petals then, with a spoon, scoop out and discard the fuzzy choke, being careful not to remove the heart underneath.
Come up with your own creations by filling these edible bowls with any of your homemade or store-bought favorites from stew or Sloppy Joes to vegetarian chili and more!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.