Fire Station Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've all heard that firefighters are known for their talents in the fire station kitchen, so we're sharing a hot idea for a hearty beefy chili recipe that'll get you all fired up. Don't be alarmed...it's simple!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
What to Do
In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onion and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender. Add ground beef and brown 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains; drain off excess liquid.
Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and cover; simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately.
For a spicy kick, add 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce to the other ingredients.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to Christmas cocktails for your next holiday party, we've got one that's elf-tested and Santa-approved! It combines the refreshing taste of pomegranate with just enough rum to put everyone in the holiday spirit! While Santa usually caters to the kids, this spritzer is an adult-only beverage that will have everyone "rockin' around the Christmas tree" this holiday season.