The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Quick Chili Mole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 8 Min
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Did you know that chocolate is a traditional ingredient in mole (pronounced "MOH-lay") that adds a richness to the sauce without being overly sweet? It sounds strange, but we promise it adds a more authentic Tex-Mex flavor to this chili.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 milk chocolate kiss
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- Shredded Cheddar cheese and sour cream for topping
What to Do
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium- high heat until the beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir tomato sauce, chili powder, and chocolate kiss into beef mixture. Cook, uncovered, oer low heat 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, and cook until thoroughly heated. Ladle chili into bowls; top with desired toppings.
This recipe is from The Best of Mr. Food Cookbook Series Oxmoor House, Inc. If you would like more recipes like this, click here.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This cake doesn't just look pretty, it tastes amazing too! Our Strawberry-Lemonade Cake is a great cake for the warmer months, when we crave lighter and brighter flavors. Plus, it starts out with a box of cake mix, so you know it's going to be easy. We're sure you're going to love it!