Saucy White Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a new chili recipe? Then try our Saucy White Chili because it's so darn good! White chili is a change of pace from traditional beef recipes, and it's just as easy to make. Plus, using chicken makes it a healthy alternative!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 to 2 pounds total), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 (16-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
What to Do
In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; sauté 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned.
Add onion and garlic and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is tender. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 50 to 60 minutes, or until chili thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
For starters, why not serve up a bowl of delicious black bean chipotle hummus?!
For a really hearty meal, we suggest serving this chili in a big bowl over hot cooked rice.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 458
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 6 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 41g 81 %
- Cholesterol 57mg 19 %
- Sodium 670mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 63g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 15g 61 %
- Sugars 1.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.