The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Southwest Veggie Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
This vegetarian chili recipe is so hearty, no one will miss the meat. And our Southwest Veggie Chili offers so many of the Tex-Mex flavors we love.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
What to Do
In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Add tomatoes, salsa, green pepper, chili powder, cumin, and salt; mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer an additional 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Enjoy this topped with sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, avocado slices, and scallions.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The "butter tart" is considered one of Canada's quintessential desserts, and with good reason! All it takes is just one bite to understand what makes these so special. The pastry is super flaky, the filling is butter-rich, and together...they're amazing! Our recipe for Canada Tarts is one you'll want to add to your recipe box!