Southwest Veggie Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This vegetarian chili recipe is so hearty, no one will miss the meat. And our Southwest Veggie Chili offers so many of the Tex-Mex flavors we love.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
What to Do
In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Add tomatoes, salsa, green pepper, chili powder, cumin, and salt; mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer an additional 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Enjoy this topped with sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese, avocado slices, and scallions.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!