We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
While they're cheering for their favorite team, give 'em something else to cheer about by serving up heaping bowls of beefy, Touchdown Chili. This recipe is hearty enough to keep them going until the last play, and easy enough so that you can set it and forget it!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red kidney beans, undrained
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) jar salsa
- 4 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, combine ground beef and onion; saute 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients to soup pot; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 45 to 50 minutes, until chili begins to thicken.
Test Kitchen Tip
For all you slow cooker fans...after browning the ground beef, as directed above, add beef and remaining ingredients to a 4- to 4-1/2-quart slow cooker. Cook on LOWfor 6 to 8 hours, or on HIGH for 4 hours, and dinner is done whenever you need it.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!