The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Use Your Bean Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
This homemade chili with beans is a smart make-ahead meal to have ready when you know you're going to have a busy day coming up. Use Your Bean Chili will taste even better the next day when the flavors marry.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
What to Do
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; add onion and saute until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Add some brown meat or sausage and it's a straight, fast chili. We sometimes use a little salt or garlic to give it a tang. If you have a favorite combination of beans, they'll work fine too.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.
Nov 08, 2013
using the nutrition label I calculate the beans to be 3 cups of dried pinto beans.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Warm Bacon Dressing
Mmm! Any salad would love to be dressed with this easy-to-make Warm Bacon Dressing! But don't stop there...it's great over almost any vegetables.