We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When it comes to warmer weather, there's a few things we automatically think of. If lemonade isn't one of the first drinks that come to mind, it will be after you try this recipe! One sip of this fresh-squeezed lemonade and you'll know exactly why our Country Lemonade is a top choice for backyard barbecues and weekend potlucks! Trust us, it won't be a recipe you soon forget.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (see Notes)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
What to Do
- In a pitcher, combine the sugar and hot water, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add cold water, lemon juice, and lemon slices; mix well.
- Serve, or chill until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Depending on the size, 4 to 5 lemons should produce about 1/2 cup fresh juice. When you're ready to serve this, bring out a big glass pitcher and serve it over ice, garnished with additional lemon slices and some fresh mint leaves.
- Lemonade doesn't have to be just lemons! For a change-of-pace try our Fizzy Raspberry Lemonade, our Fresh Watermelon Lemonade, and for a childhood favorite, try our Blueberry Lemonade!
- For a sweet treat that's sure to beat the heat, try our Blueberry and Orange Parfaits and, add a little sunshine to your day with our Orange Cream Poke Cake!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you want a lemony-herb fish dish, that's packed with flavor and easy to make, then you've got to try our All-American Fish-in-Foil. We used catfish, because it's firm enough to stay together and delicate enough to wrap it in foil. It's a perfectly seasoned, easy-as-can be dinner that you're going to love to share with family and friends.