Banana Cherry Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We weren't monkeying around when we came up with this recipe for Banana Cherry Cookies. These cookies have a soft, cake-like consistency that makes 'em taste melts-in-your-mouth delicious.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium-sized bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped candied cherries
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- Cream the shortening and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla; blend well.
- In another large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Alternately add the flour mixture, the buttermilk, and the mashed bananas to the shortening mixture. Stir in the nuts and candied cherries. (The dough will be soft.)
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets that have been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly then remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
This is a great cookie recipe to make when you've got bananas that are a bit too ripe.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 161
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 2.7g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.0g 4 %
- Cholesterol 14mg 5 %
- Sodium 95mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.