We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cheese in cookies...? It sounds crazy, but wait till you try these. They're perfect for an easy appetizer or dessert cookie.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups (1 pound) coarsely grated sharp Cheddar cheese)
- 1/4 cup sugar
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- In a large bowl, with your hands, rub together the butter, flour, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper until smooth and creamy. Add the cheese and knead on a piece of waxed paper for 3 to 4 minutes until smooth and thoroughly blended.
- Divide the dough in half. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/8-inch thickness between two sheets of waxed paper. Cut with a 2-inch round cookie cutter and sprinkle the cookies generously with sugar. Reroll the dough scraps and repeat. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden.
- Remove at once to a wire rack to cool.
Makes about 7 dozen wafers.
Try using Monterey Jack, Swiss, or any other semi-firm cheese. It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.