Chinese Almond Rounds
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 cookies
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
Our Chinese Almond Rounds are a classic treat that might bring you a little luck for the Chinese New Year, but they'll definitely bring yummy flavors to your taste buds all year round. Know what else? You can whip these cookies up in less than 30 minutes, which means, whether it's the Chinese New Year, or just a Chinese "takeout" kind of night, you have more time to enjoy the food and the fun!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup whole shelled almonds
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, combine 3/4 cup sugar, the butter, egg, water, and almond extract; blend well. Gradually add flour and baking powder, blending on low speed until well mixed.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Flatten balls slightly with the bottom of a flat glass, then evenly sprinkle with sugar. Press an almond firmly into center of each cookie.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until firm to the touch, but not brown. Do not overbake. Immediately remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- Fun Fact! The Chinese New Year is also known as the Spring Festival. It's a time for celebrating and spring cleaning, where it's tradition to sweep away bad fortune to make way for good luck! Try sweeping out some of your old recipes and try something new too!
- Chinese appetizers? You got it! You have to try our Creamy Crab Wontons and this perfect Wonton Soup!
- Need more ideas for the Chinese New Year, or for your Chinese "takeout" menu? Then you have to try our Asian Honey Garlic Chicken, this amazing Chicken Fried Rice, and of course these Chinese Spareribs!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 125
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 5.0g 25 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 1.4g 3 %
- Cholesterol 26mg 9 %
- Sodium 83mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 4.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't have to warm up your kitchen to cook this hot and hearty meal! Our BBQ Pork Chops and Potatoes are made in your slow cooker, which makes this a great summertime recipe. This dish features juicy pork chops and plenty of potatoes cooked in your favorite barbecue sauce. It's a win no matter how you look at it!