Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's no way we can ever get tired of chocolate chip cookies, but if you're looking for a simple twist on a classic-favorite, then you're going to love reaching into a cookie platter stacked high with Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, shortening, sugars, almond extract, and vanilla exctract; beat until creamy. Beat in the egg, then gradually add flour mixture, mixing well. With a wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chunks and nuts, if desired; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes, then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 166
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 4.6g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 0.9g 2 %
- Cholesterol 14mg 5 %
- Sodium 93mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Try your hand at making your own homemade candy with our recipe for Mini Almond Dream Bars. Just like the name implies, these 4-ingredient candy bars taste like a dream. You can make these any time, so you have them on-hand whenever you're craving a sweet treat!