We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
After a long hard day, you deserve to kick off your shoes and sit down with some ice-cold milk and a few chocolate drop cookies. Come on, treat yourself!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the butter, 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, the egg, vanilla, cocoa, and cinnamon until well blended. Slowly add the flour and continue beating until well combined.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or until set. Remove from the baking sheets to wire racks and allow to cool completely.
- When cooled, lightly sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Makes about 3 dozen.
For a crisper cookie that's more like a biscuit, make these drops a little smaller and flatten them a bit with the palm of your hand before baking.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set out your favorite dipping sauces and grab a pair of chopsticks 'cause no one is going to want to miss out on these Imperial Pork Pot Stickers. Pot stickers are kind of like Chinese dumplings that are filled with great Asian flavors. You might want to make a few batches!