Chocolate-Kissed Italian Biscotti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 1/2 dozen
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
If you've never made your own Italian-style biscotti, now's the time to try these trendy cookies. Our Test Kitchen created this recipe just for you, so that they'll come out with that perfect crunch every time.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, eggs, and anise; mix well and, using your hands, work dough until it forms a ball. Work in walnuts until well combined then place half dough on one baking sheet and form into
a 2-inch x 12-inch loaf about 1-inch high. Repeat with remaining dough on second baking sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until firm and light golden. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 325 degrees F.
- Allow loaves to cool 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch slices and place cut-side down on baking sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes then turn cookies over and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until very crisp. When cookies are cool, in a microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in microwave 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, stirring occasionally until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti and allow chocolate to harden.
If you liked this Italian dessert recipe, be sure to check out our Cassata Cake or our Italian Cream Cake: An Easy Italian Cream Cake Recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.