Chocolate Nut Rugelach
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chocolate Nut Rugelach is an easy bakery-style pastry that is packed with chocolatey flavor! The chocolate hazelnut filling is what keeps everyone coming back for seconds.
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut filling (like Nutella), warmed for easier spreading
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
What to Do
- In a large bowl, cream 1/3 cup sugar, butter, and cream cheese. Mix in flour, cocoa, salt, and vanilla, stirring to make a soft dough. Add a little flour, as necessary, if dough is too sticky. Wrap in plastic and chill 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide dough in half. Place half back in refrigerator until ready to use.
- On a well-floured cutting board, roll dough into a 10-inch circle. Cut dough into 16 pie-shaped wedges. Spread chocolate hazelnut filling over dough. Repeat with remaining dough.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle over filling. Top with pecans. Roll up each wedge starting from wide end and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes, or until firm. Let cool, then store in an airtight container.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Calories 128
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 3.6g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 1.4g 3 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 59mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 12g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 9.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.