Christmas Cream Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cookie
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
You need to add these from-scratch Christmas cookies to your holiday cookie platter! Our Christmas Cream Cookies are moist, flavorful, and feature just a hint of cinnamon. Plus, the homemade frosting really makes them extra-special!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and green sprinkles or decorative sugar for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together the brown sugar and butter until light and creamy. Add the egg; mix well.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Alternately add the flour mixture and the sour cream to the butter mixture. Mix well, then stir in the nuts.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until no imprint is left when cookies are pressed lightly. Immediately remove to a wire rack to let cool.
- To make Frosting, in a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat confectioners' sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Frost cookies and garnish with decorative sprinkles or sugar.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.