We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You know what kind of cookies are good for dunkin' in eggnog? Eggnog Cookies, of course! These spiced cookies will make a great addition to your holiday cookie platter!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Nutmeg for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Add egg yolks one at a time and mix until combined. Beat in eggnog and rum and vanilla extracts. Slowly add in flour mixture until well combined. Place heaping teaspoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes, or until light golden on bottom. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the Frosting, in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, eggnog, and rum extract until creamy. Slowly add confectioners' sugar and mix until smooth. Frost cookies and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Love this easy cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in out 2014 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!