Feather Light Chocolate Drops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 48 cookies
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Craving something sweet that contains no flour? We call these chocolate meringue drops Feather Light Chocolate Drops 'cause they're light as a feather and really hit the spot!
What You'll Need
- 4 egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (see Notes)
- 1 cup chopped almonds
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium-high, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add sugar, and beat until thick and glossy. Stir in cocoa and vanilla then stir in nuts until well blended.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto prepared baking sheets then bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until firm.
Our Feather Light Chocolate Drops make a great holiday cookie, especially for Passover or any time you feel like a special treat...and they're so easy! And remember, if making these for Passover, be sure to use imitation vanilla extract, rather than pure extract (which isn't a Passover product).