Glazed Mincemeat Drops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Glazed Mincemeat Drops are an old-fashioned favorite that'll bring you right back to Mom's kitchen table. It's got all those classic flavors - we even bet your kids will be begging for mincemeat too!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs and mincemeat. Add the flour mixture to the mincemeat mixture, and stir in the pecans.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the tops are dry and set.
- Meanwhile, combine the glaze ingredients (the confectioners' sugar, finely grated orange peel, and orange juice) and mix until smooth.
- Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Spread the glaze over the hot cookies. Let stand until the cookies cool completely and the glaze is set.
Makes about 3 dozen.
Be sure to glaze the cookies while they're still warm to really blend the flavors together.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spookiness to your Halloween party fare with our recipe for Cookie Eyeballs. These cookie balls are so easy and fun to make, you'll want the kids and grand kids to help. Once they're done, everyone will enjoy these ghostly, "eye popping" treats!