Hot Cocoa Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 48 cookies
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
If you can't get enough of that hot cocoa taste, then these Hot Cocoa Cookies are just what you need. These soft and cake-like cookies are perfect for dunking into your mug, and for snackin' on all winter long!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 large marshmallows, cut in half crosswise
- 1 (16-ounce) can chocolate frosting
What to Do
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Add melted chocolate mixture; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt; add to chocolate mixture and beat until well combined. Cover and refrigerate dough 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet and flatten slightly. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Bake 12 minutes. Remove from oven and place a marshmallow half in center of each cookie. Return cookies to oven and bake 2 to 3 additional minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove cookies to a rack to cool completely. Spread a teaspoon of frosting over each marshmallow.
If you like, you can sprinkle these with different color sugars, depending on the occasion!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!