Lemony Oat Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 48 (about 4 dozen)
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
We love to dunk these in a glass of hot tea or spiced apple cider... Mmm!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- In a large bowl, beat the margarine and sugar until creamy. Add the remaining ingredients, except the confectioners' sugar; mix well. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten with the bottom of a glass repeatedly dipped in confectioners' sugar. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges are golden. Cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with additional confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
If you'd prefer these without the chopped candied cherries, no problem -- just leave them out.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Calories 166
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 5.1g 25 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 2.4g 5 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 109mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 6.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!