We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These from-scratch chewy cookies are a type of French specialty that are surprisingly easy to make. Make a batch of Marvelous Macaroons for your church bake sale or a holiday party, because their pretty presentation and fabulous coconut-almond flavor can't be beat!
What You'll Need
- 2 2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Candied cherry halves (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour, and salt. Mix in the egg whites and almond extract. Stir in the almonds and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Garnish with the candied cherry halves, if desired. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cookie edges are golden brown. Remove immediately to wire racks to cool.
Makes about 2 dozen.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!