We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pucker up, 'cause here's the recipe for one of the sweetest kisses you'll ever have...chocolate meringue kisses, that is.
What You'll Need
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely crushed saltine crackers
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 300 degree F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold in the vanilla and cream of tartar. Gradually add the sugar, continuing to beat until stiff, dry peaks are formed. Gently fold in the cracker crumbs and chocolate chips. Drop the meringue by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick baking spray.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the meringue is golden. Turn off the oven and let the kisses sit in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the kisses from the oven and let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.