Mini Elephant Ears
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In pastry shops all over Europe you can find these delicate, crisp pastries that are rolled in cinnamon and sugar. Now they're easy to make at home. Hooray!
What You'll Need
- 2 frozen puff pastry sheets (from a 17 ¼-ounce package), slightly thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, with a rolling pin, roll out each pastry sheet to 12- x 12-inches.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar. Brush pastry sheets with beaten egg and sprinkle 3 tablespoons of cinnamon mixture evenly over top of each sheet.
- Roll one side of pastry sheet into middle then roll other side to meet it in middle, forming a scroll. Cut 1/2-inch slices across scrolls.
- Dip one cut side into cinnamon mixture and lay sugared-side up on prepared baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes then let cool for 5 minutes.
These should be stored in an airtight container or cookie jar. They shouldn't be refrigerated or frozen.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check our collection of Dessert Ideas: Top 9 Recipes with Cinnamon.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer summer months, then you've come to the right place. Not only is this strawberry ice cream recipe fresh as can be, but with only four simple ingredients, is easy as can be too! Using ripe and juicy strawberries, you'll bring it together with some condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. It doesn't get much easier--or summertime sweeter--than that!