Molasses Ginger Rounds
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A traditional favorite with an orange "twist".
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
What to Do
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream the 1/3 cup butter, gradually adding the granulated sugar and creaming well. Blend in the egg, then add the dry ingredients alternately with the molasses and boiling water, mixing well. Stir in the raisins.
- Cover and chill for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets that have been lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the orange icing, place the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, 2 tablespoons butter, and orange rind in a large bowl. Gradually blend in the orange juice until the icing is of spreading consistency. Top the warm cookies with the icing.
Makes about 3 dozen.
These are lip smackin' delicious even without the icing.