We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Sure, you've probably tried regular or maybe even chocolate shortbread cookies, but have you ever tried Pistachio-Studded Shortbread? From the moment you take a bite and taste the combination of buttery shortbread, crunchy pistachios, and a creamy chocolate drizzle we know you'll be hooked.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Reserve 1 tablespoon chopped pistachio nuts. In a medium bowl, combine remaining pistachio nuts, flour, sugar, melted butter, and almond extract; mix well until a dough forms. Roll into a ball and return to bowl; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to a 12- x 6- inch rectangle. Cut into 1/2- x 3- inch pieces and place on ungreased rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden. Remove to wire racks and allow to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Drizzle over shortbread and sprinkle with reserved chopped pistachio nuts.
- Chill 15 minutes, or until chocolate has set. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container.
Love this easy cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2014 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pound cake will certainly brighten up your day! From the fresh aroma of it baking to the first forkful of lemony bliss, our Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake is a real delight. This pound cake is summer-perfect and ready to be brought along to all of your picnics and potlucks!