We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing like homemade butter cookies, especially when they're this quick!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until well mixed. Stir in the flour and salt.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out each half on a lightly floured surface to 3/8-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters or drinking glasses, cut into desired shapes. Place shapes on ungreased baking sheets and prick the top of each with a fork.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
Makes about 80 cookies.
Enjoy these as is, or decorate as desired. Add sprinkles while still warm, but add frosting after cookies have completely cooled.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 263
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 16g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 9.8g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 2.9g 6 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 184mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 8.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We teamed a pasta salad with a tuna salad to come up with this dish that's summertime-perfect and very budget-friendly. Our Tuna Twist is a new take on an old recipe that's great for a light summer dinner. Or you can take this tuna pasta salad to a picnic or potluck (where it'll be the first thing to disappear!).