We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 48 (4 dozen)
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 (18--ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 teaspoon red food color
- 1 teaspoon green food color
- 1 teaspoon yellow food color
- 1 (12-ounce) jar raspberry jam, melted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
What to Do
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 3 separate 9- x 13-inch baking dishes with cooking spray, line with wax paper, and coat again with cooking spray.
Stir almond extract into cake batter and divide batter evenly into 3 small bowls. Stir red food color into one bowl, green food color into another bowl, and yellow food color into third bowl. Pour each color batter into a separate baking dish and spread evenly. The layer of batter will be very thin, that's okay.
Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; let cool completely.
Place red layer top side down on a cutting board and remove wax paper. Spread half of raspberry jam evenly over top, then place yellow cake layer top side down over jam. Remove wax paper and spread remaining jam over yellow layer. Place green cake layer on top, leaving wax paper in place. Place a baking sheet on top to gently press the layers together.
- Chill 1 hour, then remove from refrigerator and remove wax paper. Spread a thin layer of melted chocolate over top and allow to harden slightly. Cut into 1- x 2-inch cookies and serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- If you don't happen to have three 9- x 13-inch baking dishes, you can make the cake layers one at at time.
- Sending these to someone special this holiday season? Check out our tips and tricks to mailing cookies!
- Want even more tasty cake mix recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Tempting Cake Mix Recipes: 30 Simple Recipes with Cake Mix.
- This recipe is part of our 2016 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Calories 112
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.8g 2 %
- Cholesterol 15mg 5 %
- Sodium 72mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's nothing more warm and cozy than a big bowl of chicken soup. And when we're looking for a way to add even more heartiness to our bowls, noodles aren't the only option - wild rice is great too! Our Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a warm-ya-up favorite that's full of flavor.