Salted Caramel Surprise Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's an ooey-gooey surprise waiting for you inside these cookies! Our Salted Caramel Surprise Cookies deliver the trendy combination of sea salt and caramel, while still being super simple to make for any occasion.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 chocolate-covered caramel candies (see Note)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla. Add flour and salt and mix until a soft dough forms. (If dough is dry, add 1 tablespoon milk.)
- Wrap a tablespoon of dough around each chocolate candy and place on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown on bottom. Let cool 20 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips in microwaveable bowl and microwave 60 to 90 seconds, stirring until smooth. Dip top of each cookie in chocolate and place back on baking sheet. Sprinkle immediately with sea salt. Let cool.
- We tested these with ROLO® candies.
- We featured these fantastic cookies in our 2016 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the root vegetables are on sale at your market, you've got to fill up a few bags, 'cause you're going to need them to make this recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables. Roasted vegetables are good as-is, but by tossing them in just a little olive oil and adding some basic seasonings, we really enhance their flavors!