We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
You'll feel as lucky as a Leprechaun when you bake up a batch of our shamrock-shaped butter cookies. Our recipe for Shamrock Shortbread is sure to be as welcome as a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
What to Do
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat 1 to 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and beat 2 minutes, or until well blended.
- Form dough into 2 balls; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured work surface, using a rolling pin, roll 1 ball of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters or a knife, cut into St. Patrick's Day or other desired shapes. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining ball of dough.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden around edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy these plain or sprinkle with colored sugar or sprinkles before baking. You can also frost and decorate the cookies once they've cooled. Do your own thing!
- Want to find even more fantastic cookie recipes like this one? Check out our free eCookbook, Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!