Spiced Candied Fruit Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why not switch things up and make your holiday fruitcake in cookie form? And for the rest of the year...there's no need to wait for the holidays to get the big taste of fruitcake!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chopped mixed candied fruit
What to Do
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and heavy cream. Mix in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg; beat until well combined. Stir in candied fruit.
- Divide dough in half, shaping each half into a 2-inch-diameter log. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate overnight or freeze for about 1-1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Slice rolls into 1/4-inch slices (see Note) and place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Make sure to use a sharp knife to slice the dough.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The novel tang of prepared horseradish adds a flavorful spark to this comforting brisket recipe. Whether for a make-ahead, welcoming, weeknight supper or for a company meal, the result is always juicy, tender, and tasty.