We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Spritz Cookies are a colorful addition to our holiday cookie platters. And with our extra busy holiday schedules, they are quick and easy, too!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and salt. Blend in egg, vanilla and almond extracts. Add flour gradually; mix well.
- Press a small amount of dough through a cookie press onto ungreased baking sheets, using any plate to make desired shape.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until light brown around edges. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling. Store in airtight container.
To make these holiday cookies extra special, divide the dough in thirds. Add a few drops of red food coloring to 1 batch, a few drops of green food coloring to another batch, and keep one plain. Then add some addtional razzle dazzle by sprinkling the cookies with decorating sugar before baking.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.