Stained Glass Window Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 24 cookies
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
These eye-catching holiday cookies are special for two reasons: one, they're no bake cookies which means they're perfect for holiday entertaining in a hurry. And two, they're absolutely stunning! With their colorful design that resembles stained glass windows, they're sure to be the talk of the table! You might say this easy cookie recipe is downright heavenly.
What You'll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (10.5-ounce) package multi-colored miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
What to Do
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips, stirring constantly. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in vanilla and walnuts. Cool mixture 8 to 10 minutes, or until cool but not to the point of hardening.
- Fold in marshmallows and stir until well coated. Spoon half the mixture lengthwise down the center of an 18-inch piece of wax paper. Shape into a 12- x 2-inch log and place at one edge of wax paper. Sprinkle 1/2 cup coconut over remainder of wax paper.
- Roll log over coconut, evenly coating the outside of the entire log. Wrap log firmly in wax paper, folding ends snugly. Repeat with the other half of marshmallow mixture and remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
- Refrigerate until firm (At least 2 hours or overnight). Unwrap each log and cut into 1/4-inch slices; serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Our head chef says these are the perfect cookie to brighten up your holiday cookie trays! Keep them in mind when you're baking this Christmas.
- For more Christmas desserts, try Mrs. Claus' Famous Cupcakes, our Naked Eggnog Cake, or Santa's Creamy Christmas Treat!
- Plus, check out the rest of the cookies in our 2018 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!